- Silicon-on-sapphire sensor technology
- Pressure ranges 0-500mbar to 0-1,500bar (0-7.5psi to 0-20,000psi)
- Superb thermal performance
- High operating temperature
- 0-100mV, 0-5Vdc or 0-10Vdc output
- Excellent accuracy
- Outstanding long term stability
- All titanium alloy wetted parts
- *Intrinsically safe option. Flammable gases (zone 0)
and dusts (zone 20)
The HISPEC HI2000 series of pressure transducers with state-of-the-art Silicon-on-Sapphire sensor technology offer levels of accuracy and performance previously unobtainable or prohibitively expensive.
The unique Silicon-on-Sapphire sensor technology provides outstanding performance and gives excellent stability over a wide temperature range. The advanced sensor design consists of a piezoresistive silicon strain gauge circuit, which is epitaxially grown onto the surface of a sapphire diaphragm to form a single crystalline structure. The sapphire sensor element is then molecularly bonded to a Titanium alloy sub-diaphragm. This enables the sensor to endure higher over- pressures and provides superb corrosion resistance. The completed sensor exhibits virtually no hysteresis and excellent long-term stability. With outstanding insulation properties, the sapphire substrate protects the strain gauge circuit from electromagnetic pulse radiation and allows the sensor to operate over a very wide temperature range without loss of performance.
Aerospace, laboratory and test, oil and gas monitoring equipment (down-hole) and subsea.